When missing teeth are a problem, dental implants can be the solution. At Rush Creek Dentistry near the Mansfield area, we provide a wide range of cosmetic dentistry solutions especially for patients with tooth loss. From dentures to bridges, we have ways of repairing the aesthetics and function of the smile. For patients who are proper candidates, we often recommend they consider dental implants.
Dental implants are prosthetic replacements that are meant to replace a missing tooth. While a natural tooth is comprised of both a root and a crown, the dental implant can help mimic this with a titanium post as the root and a dental crown to replace the visible tooth structure and provide efficiency for biting, chewing, and speaking. The dental implant is one of the most highly suggested methods of tooth replacement because of the many benefits they offer.
Dental implants have advantages over alternative methods.
- Dental implants use osseointegration, or extensive bone growth, to hold them in place and give them the stability necessary to function as a natural tooth.
- Dental implants are made of titanium, which is a metal that is biocompatible with the body and cannot corrode.
- Dental implants are known to last decades when patients maintain their oral health and wellness over the years.
- Dental implants are permanent and the only part that needs to be replaced may be the restoration over the top, including crowns, bridges, and dentures.
- Dental implants are placed during oral surgery but eventually look, feel, and function the same way natural teeth do.
- Dental implants may cost more initially, however many patients are well aware of the value they hold over the years.
- Dental implants are a strong investment in one's smile and can dramatically improve the efficiency of one's bite.
- Dental implants can also be used to hold full cosmetic dentures in place and eliminate the need for messy denture adhesives.
Patients located around the Mansfield area in the surrounding communities are welcome to contact the practice of Rush Creek Dentistry to learn more about the benefits of placing dental implants within the smile for tooth replacement.