Are You Having a Dental Emergency? 5 Signs to Watch For
Dental emergencies happen, and when they do, it seems they are more likely to happen outside of your dentist’s normal office hours.
But are you sure what you are experiencing is truly an emergency? Some dental issues can easily wait until the next day or after the weekend.
Here are some ways to figure out if you need emergency dentistry services from your Arlington, TX, dentist.
5 Signs You Are Having a Dental Emergency
Some signs that your situation might constitute a dental emergency and you need to make an immediate call to your dentist include the following:
- You have a toothache that is causing you excruciating pain.
- Your mouth is bleeding and it will not seem to stop.
- You are experiencing swelling in your mouth or face that is very painful.
- You have suffered a painful blow or injury to your mouth or jaw.
- You have had one of your permanent teeth knocked out or loosened.
All of these are signs that you should seek treatment immediately. A call to your dentist will allow for a more thorough evaluation of your situation and advice on what to do right away.
Signs You Are Probably Not Having a Dental Emergency
Situations that are probably not dental emergencies include:
- You are experiencing a toothache that while annoying isn't particularly painful.
- Your crown has fallen off or a filling has been lost.
- You have food or debris stuck between your teeth.
In these instances, you can probably wait to see your dentist until there is an available appointment during normal office hours.
Call Rush Creek Dentistry
If you are ever unsure of whether or not you need emergency dentistry from your Arlington, TX, dentist, just give us a call! We can answer your questions and advise you on the best course of action.